A Teacher and an Editor
My first career was teaching English in high school, so perhaps the plea by a consulting engineering company to help its engineers write a simple report—or even a simple sentence—was not surprising. Many technical people—and lots of others—need help with writing the English language.
technical writing workshops:
To address this need, I created a technical writing course, focusing on the infrastructure of the English language: grammar, punctuation, voice, sentence structure. The workshop objectives are:
- how to write clearly and concisely using the active voice
- how to organize, write and revise good technical documents
- how to improve the layout and look of company documents
The workshop consists of six two-hour sessions scheduled at two sessions a week. But its structure is flexible so that it can be easily adapted to fit the client’s timetable.
I offer English tutoring to individuals—with either one or two participants—which is especially valuable for professionals whose native tongue is not English.
- Tri Ocean Engineering
- Tartan Engineering
- Cimarron Engineering
And now for something completely different…EIL has been the editor for novels, a fantasy and a memoir.
- Becky Due – novels, beginning with her first and just finished the sixth
- Jayleen Tran – fantasy
- Daniel Quirouette – memoir